About Rouleau » History
Our town's name is derived from Mr. Justice Rouleau, a judge who presided in the Northwest Territories before the province of Saskatchewan was formed. Pioneers, largely from Ontario and the United States, settled here in the early 1900's during the construction of the SOO line railway.
The community was incorporated as a village on July 23, 1903 and as a town nearly fours years later on March 1, 1907. Rouleau hosted a training facility for servicemen during the first World War.
A fire in the spring of 1930 destroyed all town records. Only minute books and financial statements from 1929 were preserved.